So, you decided to sell your unwanted Acer laptop. So naturally, you reviewed its specifications, checked what others are asking for the same model on marketplaces, and maybe even picked a reseller platform.
But before you sell that Acer, you need to factory reset it first. Besides, factory resetting a computer helps solve software issues, deal with viruses, etc.
Plus, you will also wipe any stored personal data during a reset, which is particularly important if you don’t want the next owner to have access to it.
This blog post aims to walk readers through a step-by-step resetting of a preowned Acer laptop. It will also share information on reselling used computers for a top value.
Before You Erase Your Acer Laptop
To sell Acer laptops or any other electronic devices for that matter, it would be wise to backup your data first. So, before you proceed with a reset, make sure to backup your photos, videos, work files, any paid installed programs, etc. For that, you can use an external hard drive, a Cloud service, or the Acer Care Center.
Factory Reset Your Acer Laptop via Acer Care Center
All Acer laptops come with a default recovery partition pre-loaded on their hard drives, called Acer Care Center. It is a handy tool that can help you back up your files, restore the system to factory settings, update or reinstall the drivers, and more.
So, to restore your Acer to an out-of-the-box state, please follow the steps below:
- Start by typing Recovery in the search window, lower-left corner of the desktop screen. Then click on Acer Recovery Management.
- Select the Restore Factory Settings option from the menu.
- This action will take you to the Acer Care Center window. From there, you need to select Get Started – Reset your PC.
- Opt to Remove everything and choose between Remove files and clean the drive (this is what you need to select if you are selling the laptop) or Just remove my files.
- Finally, tap on the Reset button at the bottom of the window and follow the instructions to complete the reset.
Quick note: Ensure the feature is enabled in your BIOS settings (F2).
Reset Your Acer Laptop With Alt+f10 Key Combo on Startup
If for whatever reason, you cannot bring up the Acer Recovery Management in Windows, there is another way. You can probably still run the reset through the Windows Recovery Environment.
To do that, please follow these steps:
- Turn off your computer and remove any connected drive devices, like thumb drives or SD cards.
- Once the system is off, press the Power button and hit Alt and F10 keys together immediately as soon as you see the Acer logo on your display.
- From the pop-up window, select Troubleshoot and click on Remove everything.
- Again you will see two options on your screen: Just remove my files or Fully clean the drive. Opt to fully clean the drive if you intend to get rid of your Acer.
- Once the process is complete, your system will likely restart. From here on, you can set the Windows up with a generic user account or leave it as-is for the new owner to customize.
Where to Sell a Used Acer Laptop Quickly?
Once you have reset your Acer, it is ready for further resale. Hopefully, you’ve got some offers already, but if you don’t, we may have an easy solution for you.
There is this fantastic website called Gadget Salvation. They offer a hassle-free online platform to resell preowned electronics, such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, and more, in exchange for cash.
Gadget Salvation offers instant dollar estimates, free shipping, and free returns. So you don’t have to bother with listing your laptop on eBay, haggle with potential buyers, or worry about being conned.
The best part is Gadget Salvation will pay you cash within two workdays of receiving the shipment through PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, or a paper check.
Once you are ready to sell your used unwanted Acer laptop, don’t forget to erase your data and reset Windows. The process is easy and relatively quick, as long as you follow the instructions provided in this article.
But even if you cannot do it, most buyback places, like Gadget Salvation, for example, can erase the laptop for you to make sure no one else has access to your information.
The Daily Buzz combines the pursuit of interesting and intriguing facts with the innate human desire to rank and list things. From stereotypical cat pictures to crazy facts about the universe, every thing is designed to help you kill time in the most efficient manner, all while giving you something to either laugh at or think about!