Image soruce: BBC
- 1 What Is the Amazon Best Sellers Rank (Bsr): Definition & Tips for Improvement
- 2 What Is Amazon’s Best Sellers Rank?
- 3 Which Factors Impact Your Amazon Best Sellers Rank?
- 4 Steps to Improve Your Sales & BSR
- 5 Conclusion
What Is the Amazon Best Sellers Rank (Bsr): Definition & Tips for Improvement
Amazon Best Sellers Rank (BSR) is just one of the indicators Amazon uses to measure your store’s success.
So what affects it, and how can you improve your BSR? Let’s get started by understanding the essence of this parameter and proceed to the actual steps.
What Is Amazon’s Best Sellers Rank?
Amazon Best Sellers rank or Amazon BSR is the indicator that measures the sales volume of your product in a particular category compared to the competitive items.
To put it simply, it states how successfully your item is selling against the background of other offerings.
With the help of BSR rank, you can objectively evaluate the competitiveness of your products in their specific categories. The buyers, in turn, can be guided by the Amazon sales rank as one of the decision-making factors.
Amazon BSR Vs. Organic Product Ranking – What’s the Difference
The bestseller definition is easy to mix up with the organic product ranking, so let’s draw a clear line between two of these concepts.
An organic product ranking shows the position your product occupies in search results for a specific keyword.
Still, the algorithm Amazon uses to rank products in search results is a little unclear. Experts suggest that the marketplace uses a search engine similar to those Google has.
Also, it identifies the user, analyzes their shopping behavior patterns, and personalizes the search results to match the search query with relevant product offerings as much as possible.
Therefore, the only proven way to increase an organic product rank is to research relevant keywords and fill your product descriptions with them.
Amazon best sellers rank, in turn, doesn’t affect the search positions. Instead, this rank is just a statistical indicator calculated based on your sales volume and correlated with the sales volume of the competitive products in a category.
Which Factors Impact Your Amazon Best Sellers Rank?
When it comes to the Best Seller Rank, the lower rank you have, the better. Experienced Amazon sellers agree that having a BSR ranking of 2000 or less is quite a good starting point.
Still, your BSR can fluctuate since it is updated hourly and depends on the factors you can’t influence. It also depends on the sales volume of other sellers in the category.
It can’t be static since both your and your competitors’ received orders affect both yours and their BSR.
Experts also agree that Amazon BSR is calculated based on the:
- Historical sales data. Amazon has an intelligent data analysis algorithm that also takes the sales volume of the previous periods into account.
- AI-powered predictions. Amazon has one of the most powerful AI engines, which analyses shopping trends and makes accurate predictions about the popularity of a specific item. In this case, it also takes historical data into account.
- Your actual sales per hour correlated with the sales of other items from the category. Your BSR can change every hour because you have processed more or fewer orders than your competitors.
So, how to be the best seller on Amazon? The only firm answer is to sell more items than your competitors.
To do it, you need a clear strategy, a deep understanding of Amazon’s ranking system as a whole, plus a powerful Amazon feedback software to help you with routine tasks.
Steps to Improve Your Sales & BSR
Here is how to get the best seller rank on Amazon step by step.
- Improve discoverability. An organic product rank doesn’t affect BSR. However, one of the ways to sell more items than your competitors is to ensure better positions in Amazon search results and improve BSR with an increased number of sales. To do it, research and revise your keywords, and make the highest bet on the most relevant ones.
- Polish your product descriptions. As the next step, make sure your product description is compelling, meaningful, detailed, and emotion-provoking. This is the only way to give your leads the ultimate and right impression of your product and make them move to the purchase stage of the sales funnel.
- Use the power of social proof. Also, gather reviews from your users. Ask them to leave a review after getting their item delivered and instantly respond to the negative or potentially fraudulent feedback. Take care of your online reputation to make the users choose your store.
- Be smart with your pricing. Some Amazon sellers suggest offering great discounts as an option to get more sales and improve BSR. Still, this approach is quite controversial. Firstly, you need to analyze your competitors’ pricing strategies to come up with the most winning price. Secondly, don’t forget that BSR is updated hourly. This means that in response to your price drop, your competitors may offer an even lower price and lure more users with it.
Competing on Amazon is challenging. The Best Seller Rating is also hardly predictable. The only way to improve it is to honestly sell high-quality goods, working on your customer service and online reputation.
The Daily Buzz combines the pursuit of interesting and intriguing facts with the innate human desire to rank and list things. From stereotypical cat pictures to crazy facts about the universe, every thing is designed to help you kill time in the most efficient manner, all while giving you something to either laugh at or think about!