Image Source: GeoLinks
According to Statista, 22.82 million Australians have some type of internet subscription. Many of those people chose a broadband provider that they felt was the best at the time.
Since the National Broadband Network (NBN) appeared, with its huge technological advances and benefits, some of the current plans may not be the best.
Choosing a new provider, or deciding on a change or upgrade, can be a daunting experience that can have you pulling your hair out in frustration. If you set up steps to reach your decision it will be much easier.
You first need to sit down and analyze your household requirements. This will be the basis for the package that you will need to purchase.
Once you have an outline of what your family needs, start making calls to local retailers that provide service. Of course, you can always hop online and use a comparison site like select. They will do all the leg work for you.
All that you will have to do is go through the different packages and look for your requirements, as well as following the steps below.
- Type of Broadband-Before you try and run out and join the NBN service, you need to understand that it is not available directly to the public. You must get NBN through a retailer. Not all internet providers will offer this service, so you need to make sure that the broadband that you are considering has this type. Another aspect of the service will be the location of your house. Will it be wired in with fiberoptic cables or are you in a remote area that will require using a satellite connection.
- Data-The amount of data that you need is a huge deciding factor when getting an NBN plans. If you use a low amount, you should choose a plan with low data, which will be the cheapest plan. If you have a house full of gamers you will want a high data plan or even an unlimited one. If you use a mobile device more often than a laptop or desktop then you need to shift the plan to lean more towards mobile service if you use the same provider for both.
- Length of Plan-The length of the contract can also be an important factor for you when choosing a broadband plan. Some providers will offer service by the month, by a six-month plan, or even a year before you need to renew it. Remember that if you have a year plan and you only use the service for two months you will have to pay for the remaining ten months that you had left on the contract. If you plan to change providers in a short length of time, or if you don’t plan on having the service very long, then make sure you factor this aspect of the contract into your decision.
- Cost-The cost of the bundled packages can vary in vast amounts. For the same service, you may get five different costs. That is why you need to check all the aspects of the contract, compare the service with the cost, and decide from there. The cheapest service provider is not always the best one, so make sure you check out everything, even the small print. Check to make sure that the price they have given you is good for the length of the contract. You do not want to be caught with your pants down if they can, or will, raise the cost once a “trial month” is over.
- Extra Costs-Many providers will tack on extra fees and handling charges. Read through the contract and find the hidden charges before deciding on a company to go with. The original cost may seem reasonable, but they may add on enough charges to make it out of your price range. Companies will often offer a low up-front cost and then charge the difference that they want to make up for in extra charges. This is a common marketing ploy that many people fall for.
Deciding on a service provider can be a time-consuming task, but it is important to research and get the details of numerous companies.
When finally choosing your broadband provider make sure that they not only fill your needs right now but that they will fill your needs in the future as well.
Maybe you have a child that is young enough to not need internet access right now. They will need access within a few years though, so make sure you look into the future and get a provider that can handle you now and later.
The Daily Buzz combines the pursuit of interesting and intriguing facts with the innate human desire to rank and list things. From stereotypical cat pictures to crazy facts about the universe, every thing is designed to help you kill time in the most efficient manner, all while giving you something to either laugh at or think about!