www.Xfinity com activate – Are you worried about “How to activate Xfinity on your device?” Just relax! Yes, we are here with the solution to your worries related to this activation. All you need to do is to read the article and follow some quick easy going steps.
- Visit your mobile app store and download the Xfinity app from there.
- You can visit your phone’s app store and download the Xfinity App from there.\
- After the downloading is over, Sign in to your Xfinity account.
- If you don’t own one, it’s better to create one.
- With your gadget’s backside camera, get the QR code scanned.
- Now switch the device and over to your laptop navigate to Xfinity.com/Activate.
- Enter the Activation code.
- Click on the Submit button.
- 1 Xfinity Gateway:
- 2 Activation Of Xfinity Gateway using Xfinity.com/Activate
- 3 What is Xfinity TV?
- 4 Activation of Xfinity via Xfinity.com/activate
- 5 How to Activate your Xfinity Device?
- 6 Steps to Activate my New Comcast Xfinity modem
- 7 Things You Need to About Xfinity, Its Setup, and Ways to Use It
- 8 Eligibility
- 9 Ways to Set Up and Use xFi
- 10 App For Your Phone
- 11 Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- 12 Online
- 13 Set Up X1
- 14 Features Featuring xFi
- 15 How to enable the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku
- 16 Activation Terms
- 17 Activation of Your Xfinity Internet Service
- 18 If You Possess Your Own Approved Modem/Router or an xFi Gateway:
- 19 If You Possess Xfinity Live or Voice in a WiFi-Ready Apartment:
- 20 Temporary Internet Connectivity:
- 21 Using an Ethernet cable for connection:
- 22 Ways to turn your Gateway or Modem on:
- 23 Establish a connection to your home community:
- 24 How to Activate the Device in Your Getting Started Kit?
- 25 Activation of Your Equipment Via Internet
- 26 Making Your Gateway or Modem to Work
- 27 Activation Procedure Of Xfinity Self Install Kit
- 28 Installation
- 29 Activation(xfinity.com/selfinstall)
- 30 After a Move, Installation, and Activation
- Pay a visit to xfinity.com/activate if you want to find the best suitable online prices for Cellular Services, Videos, and Web.
- You can ask for any help, enjoy the fun and even stay connected.
- The activation process is a must before receiving stations over it.
- For activation, you can either make a contact with Comcast through xfinity.com activate the cable box, or use the Internet.
- It can be done easily via Newer X1 cable boxes.
Activation Of Xfinity Gateway using Xfinity.com/Activate
- For activating Xfinity Gateway, browse xfinity.com/authorize or xfinity.com/activate and search out for the best suitable pocket-friendly online deals on Mobile Services, Video, and the Internet.
- Enjoy the fun, stay connected and make the most out of the Internet.
- For having an Xfinity Gateway setup, the first step is to download the Xfinity xFi app from your device’s app store.
- There is a button on your television screen that will trigger it.
- If your cable boxes are second handed purchased then Comcast will not activate them.
What is Xfinity TV?
Xfinity is nothing but one such platform that offers its users to hold access to the world’s greatest collection binge-watching of Xfinity On Demand shows along with movies over your television screen or via the Xfinity Stream portal.
What all you can do with Xfinity?
Xfinity offers you all the below-listed features to enjoy.
- It felicitates you with the chance of enjoying the movie the very day they are released on DVD and even 28 days before they are on Redbox and Netflix.
- To your amazement, it provides you with the facility of starting up the show of Xfinity on Demand AnyRoom DVR in one room and ending it up in another.
- Your iPad and TV screen will get converted into your Xfinity TV Remote via Xfinity TV Remote App.
Activation of Xfinity via Xfinity.com/activate
- Navigate the browser and visit the site www.xfinity.com/activate.
- There will be few instructions available over the screen. Just check the account details for your Xfinity and proceed up for the activation.
- Once the activation process is over, you can make use of your gateway or modem again.
- If at all your gateway or modem is supportive of the wireless link, then get the device connected with your WiFi name along with the password.
- If your device needs Xfinity gateway installation, then browse the official website.
- You have to follow the link over Xfinity.com activate code if you desire to download and install the app.
- It will allow you to find all the best pocket-friendly deals on Video services, the Internet, and mobile.
How to Activate your Xfinity Device?
Initially just visit the site Xfinity.com/Activate and follow the below-mentioned quick easy steps.
- Hold a proper setup of your gateway or modem.
- The gateway should be properly set up.
- Have a good connection either to the WiFi or the Internet.
- Over either sides or the bottom or at the back of your modem or gateway, search out for the Network Password and Network Name [SSID].
- Home-XXXX or XFSETUP-XCRBHB could be the name.
- Visit the WiFi settings and select the Network Name from the available networks list.
- When asked, fill in the password.
- If at all instead of Password it asks you for the PIN, then without worrying about it press the Connect Using a Security Key link and fill in the password in the field provided with the name Security Key Field.
- Turn your gateway or modem on.
- Navigate to www.Xfinity.com/activate in your web browser.
- If at all till this point also you haven’t set up your username along with the password, then your account information will be required.
- Possess a home network connection.
- If at all your gateway or modem is supportive of a wireless link, then connect with it for the home network once activation is done.
Steps to Activate my New Comcast Xfinity modem
- Navigate to https://www.xfinity.com/activate once you open your web browser.
- Have a check over your Xfinity account and go for the completion of your activation process.
- After you are done with the activation process, your gateway or modem may go for a restart.
- Get access to your home network.
- If at all your gateway or modem is supportive of the wireless link, then connect your device with your WiFi connection using the WiFi name and password for your home network.
- You will automatically get your previously connected device reconnected if at all you keep the settings the same and replace your Xfinity Gateway at the time of the activation process.
Things You Need to About Xfinity, Its Setup, and Ways to Use It
- Get your home connected with Xfinity xFi while controlling your wifi setup at home.
- If at all you want to experience the access to xFi and that too at no additional cost via the Xfinity App or the xFi website.
- If you desire to check any other home network information or wifi settings, you can do that easily via Xfinity X1 TV Box.
Note- Once there is the activation of your xFi Gateway, you will only be able to access xFi, if you are a new user of Xfinity Internet.
- Imagine you are amongst the eligible members of Xfinity Gateway and also a recent user of Xfinity Internet.
- If so, then you can easily log in to the xFi website or >Xfinity app and start making use of xFi as soon as everything is ready.
- xFi holds the compatibility with all xFi Gateways.
- xFi capabilities are restricted by the Cisco DPC3939 model as it doesn’t support many of the xFi features.
- If at all your xFi Gateway is set up to Bridge Mode then you will not be able to access Xfinity xFi.
- Activation of xFi Gateway per account is necessary for the functioning of Xfinity xFi.
- There is a possibility that you will not be able to access xFi if there is a need for several modems to satisfy your service requirements.
- It is applicable for both customer-owned as well as rental modems.
- There is a hindrance in activation if at all there is a second activated modem existing in your account.
- Here you can also have access to encounter extra information about equipment up-gradation.
- In the My Account option visit the Devices Tab or place a look towards the bottom of your Gateway to make out which is your model.
Ways to Set Up and Use xFi
- The simplest, fastest, and easiest way to get xFi is via Xfinity App to manage your home wifi network.
- Access to xFi via the Internet can also be made via X1 TV Box.
App For Your Phone
Ways to use xFi:
- Download the Free Xfinity App using Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Log in as a manager or a main.
- Look out more about the Xfinity App.
- If you hold a link to more than one Xfinity ID then you will be asked to make a choice of one between them at the time you Sign-in.
- Select the account that you will like to make use of to view an account and press Continue.
- To download the Xfinity App on your iPad, visit the App store search setting that is on the upper left side.
- This step will assist you to change the option from iPad to iPhone. After that fill “Xfinity” in the search box visible.
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
- Android 7.1 and above
- iOS 13 and above
- Note that beta versions may not be completely supported.
- Handsets from Amazon as well as Microsoft are not supported.
- Over xfinity.com/myxfi, Sign in using your Xfinity ID and Password.
- You have to be a primary manager if you desire to use xFi.
Discover the xFi online experience (Supported Browser)
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari 10
Set Up X1
- If you possess an Xfinity Voice Remote, select the button of the Microphone and speak out, “What is my wifi password?”
- Within a few seconds when you say this, the wifi Name along with the Password will be displayed at the bottom of the screen of your TV.
There are many alternatives following the below-mentioned voice commands that you can make use of. Check them out.
- You will be able to witness extra information other than wifi name and password:
- You can see your Pod Status if you have ever added xFi pods over the network.
- You may get threat information too if you have allowed xFi Advanced Security.
- Over your wifi help section, info about your Gateway is available for the best coverage along with the speed.
- With the help of this guide, lock xFi on X1 by setting up parental control PINs.
Features Featuring xFi
xFi felicitates you with many features listed below that will aid you to manage your home network:
- Identify the devices connected to your home network and assign them a nickname for easy identification.
- Create a profile for each family device.
- If you are connected to your home network, you can prevent a single device or profile from accessing the Internet for a specified amount of time or until it is unpaused.
- Learn more about pausing and resuming. Set up parental controls and sleep routines to give your child access to the right content at the right time.
- View and update your WiFi network name and password.
- Identify who and when are the most active users on your home network.
- Many WiFi-related issues can be fixed and resolved in minutes. You can add, edit, or remove port forwarding.
- Further, customize your home network with advanced features.
- On X1, you can get information about your home network.
- With the xFi pod, you can extend your WiFi coverage at home and connect to hard-to-reach areas.
- You can view real-time video in the Xfinity app. Also, if you have a Self Protection or Xfinity Home with a camera, you can record video 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You can also use the app to turn on sounds, create motion alerts, rename cameras, restart them, and even delete cameras. Compatible Xfinity cameras and Xfinity video doorbells have bidirectional audio
How to enable the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku
Find out how to activate the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku at Xfinity.com/activate.
- Open the app in the Roku Channel Store’s Xfinity channel and select Sign In.
- Note: On the main screen of your Roku device, go to the Streaming Channels section of the left menu to access your channel store.
- Sign-in is in the upper right corner of the app’s home screen.
- The Activation Code screen is displayed on Roku or a device connected to Roku.
- Access xfinity.com/Activate from another device (mobile, tablet, desktop, etc. instead of Roku).
- The activation page contains 6 fields for you to enter your activation code and a link to xfinity.com/Activate.
- Enter the 6-digit code provided by your Roku device into your web browser. Enter the code options in your web browser.
- After entering your Xfinity ID and password, select Sign In.
- Login screen with username and password.
- The option to sign in is in the center of the screen.
- The activation conditions are displayed on the device connected to Roku or RokuTV.
- Select No to restart the activation process.
- Terms of Activations will be displayed to customers possessing cloud DVR.
- If at all you don’t possess Cloud DVR and are a Non-Cloud DVR subscriber, then you will get the Terms of Activation.
- After entering your gadget name, press Confirm.
- There will be a screen with a keypad displaying your naming devices.
- Now you will be able to look at the main menu and will in no time be able to use the app right away.
- Xfinity Stream Beta Software is all set over your Roku Home page.
“Welcome! This device can only use Xfinity Stream when connected to your home’s Xfinity WiFi.You may watch on the move using the app on your smartphone, tablet, or laptop at any time. Error TVAPP-00101.”
For Fixing the Above Issue:
- Browse https://customer.xfinity.com/settings/account/linked-accounts and choose to Make This Primary for the account you wish to use for activation over your Roku device.
- If you desire to have information about setting the proper primary/default account, you can get that via Unlink, Switch between Multiple Accounts, and How to Link.
Activation of Your Xfinity Internet Service
- You need to download the Xfinity app and use the most convenient way to set up your Internet, which is setting it up to the Internet in a few minutes with real-time support (if in need).
- If at all you face the need to replace any exciting device at your place, make sure that it is turned off before you proceed with the activation steps mentioned below.
If You Possess Your Own Approved Modem/Router or an xFi Gateway:
- Activation is very quick and easy with the help of the Xfinity App to get xFi Gateway or an approved router/modem( downloaded via the Google App or the mobile App Store).
- Only a professional installer can activate The Arris X5001 Fiber Gateway.
- It is impossible to do it via Xfinity App.
- To look out for your model, just pay a glance at the bottom of your Gateway.
- If still, you face issues activating the Xfinity app even after signing, then visit the Account icon over the top-left corner in the Overview tab and choose the Activate Modem or xFi Gateway option mentioned under the Device section.
- If you wish for some more information, look out for it at Activating and xFi Gateway by using the Xfinity App or by Activation Your Modem via the Xfinity App.
If You Possess Xfinity Live or Voice in a WiFi-Ready Apartment:
If you are looking for the steps to activate Xfinity Voice service and that too without having an Internet connection, then you need to activate a pre-installed Xfinity Gateway over your WiFi-Ready apartment, or in the case, your mobile handset does not support the Xfinity app.
Put your modem or Gateway in the first position:
- Look out for the most centrally available cable outlet in your place.
- Keep it in the notice to keep away your modem or gateway at a distance from microwaves, exterior walls, windows, and metal surfaces.
- Try to avoid the areas that are already crowded and can interfere with the device’s signals in any way.
Gateway Setting Up:
- Make a connection between the power cord with the back of your gateway before you try to plug it into an outlet.
- Make one end of the coaxial cable connected to your modem or gateway’s cable In/RF in port and the other end gets connected with the cable wall outlet.
- Ensure the finger-tightness of the connection.
- If you possess an Xfinity Voice, then make use of a telephone cord to hold a connection of your phone to the Tel1 connection over your modem or gateway.
How To Get Your Gateway or Modem Ready:
- Before you make a jump to the next step ensure the lights appear as mentioned below.
- Make sure you do not unplug your modem or gateway during this whole process.
- If there are several lights visible over your Xfinity Gateway in the front then make sure that Online lights, Power, and US/DS should be solid for at least 1 minute before the lights for 2.4GHz and 5GHz blink.
- And if at all there is only one light on the top, then it should also stay solid for one minute.
- If at all you are using any third party’s modem then check out the time when you can activate it.
Temporary Internet Connectivity:
The next step calls for the Internet connectivity either via an Ethernet cable or via WiFi usage:
- If your Modem or Gateway supports it then go for connecting it via WiFi.
- Hold a glance at the bottom, side, or back of your modem or gateway to get the Network Name(SSID) and Password.XFSETUP-XXXXXXX.
- From the list that is available in the networks of your WiFi, select the name of your Network.
- When asked, fill in the password in the space provided.
- If at all, instead of asking for the Password they ask you for the PIN, then using a Security Key link, click the Connect and fill the password in the space under Security Key Field.
Using an Ethernet cable for connection:
- Till the time it clicks, just plug the Ethernet cable into one of the open ports available in your modem or gateway.
- Make the connection of the other end with your computer’s Ethernet port.
- If the Ethernet port gets successfully connected, its light will light up.
Ways to turn your Gateway or Modem on:
- If the welcome message for beginning the process does not appear after the temporary establishment of a temporary Internet connection, then go to the browser and navigate to xfinity.com/activate.
- Go to verify your Xfinity Account and go for the completion of the activation process by following the visible onscreen guidelines.
Establish a connection to your home community:
- If your gateway or modem supports a wi-fi connection, connect your devices with an integrated WiFi name and password for your house community after activation.
- Your previously connected devices need to be robotically integrated, reconnected, replaced with your Xfintegratedity Gateway, and kept the identical set integrated all through activation.
- Go to your WiFi-enabled gadgets’ WiFi settings integrates.
- You can make the connection of your devices to your home community once your WiFi call appears on a built-in integrated of available networks.
- Fill in the name along with the password of your place’s WiFi network.
- At some point, if you have changed it, make sure you are using the new one created by you.
- It takes 24 hours for a built-in Xfinity WiFi home hotspot(Xfinity wifi) on Xfinity Gateways to get broadcasted. The question over the topic of Xfinity WiFi Home Hotspot can give you more aid to learn about the desired device.
How to Activate the Device in Your Getting Started Kit?
- Installation and activation directions are enclosed in each obtaining Start kit. you’ll be found in your Xfinity folder.
How to Activate your Equipment Online while using an app
- Except for the Arris X5001, you can make use of the Xfinity app for the activation of Xfinity xFi Gateways or Pods.
- Once there is the complete the setup, with the aid of the Xfinity app manage your place’s network.
- On the bottom of your device just check out the make and model to make out what kind of gateway you possess.
- Log in to My Account and from the drop-down menu choose Devices.
- To avail of the Xfinity App for free visit your App Store or Google Play Store.
- To Log in to your Xfinity Account just enter your Xfinity ID and Password.
- If you still do possess one you can make one from the sign-in page.
- You will be asked to start with the activation process soon as you log in if at all you are activating a gateway.
- If you’re not prompted just jump to Step3.
- Choose the Account Icon once you have signed in from the top-left corner available on the Xfinity app’s Overview tab.
- Select Activate xFi Modem or Gateway given in the Devices Section.
- If you are the one who wants to activate xFi Pods then you have to visit the Devices Section and choose Activate xFi Pods.
Activation of Your Equipment Via Internet
You can without difficulty spark off your tools online if you’re signing up for Xfinity Internet, Voice, or any TV carrier other than X1.
- Turn your TV, Internet, and Voice equipment on.
- To activate your Xfinity Mobile device with simple and quick instructions visit Xfinity.com/activate or Go to xfinitymobile.com/activate.
- If you desire to have extra information then either watch the Getting Started package Installation Guides and Videos or visit Xfinity.com/self set up.
- For getting the setting for Internet services, you need to install and activate Your New Modem or Gateway step-by-step.
Making Use of Xfinity App for Activating Your Modem
- You can only use the Xfinity app to activate it if at all your modem or gateway is eligible for it.
- If you want to have a compatibility check of your device, visit the My Device Info website.
- In the remaining article, you will now get information about the usage of the Xfinity app to activate your device.
- To avail of the Xfinity App for free visit your App Store or Google Play Store.
Making Your Gateway or Modem to Work
- With the help of your Xfinity ID and Password just log in to the Xfinity App.
- Once you are well connected to the Internet, you will be directed forward to the activation process.
- For activation just connect the Coax cable through xfinity.com and activate the cable box with an active cable in your place and even at the back of your modem. Just doubly check the connections are tight.
Important Note- If you are the one with Xfinity Voice, after your coax cable connection you must hold a connection between your phone cord from the back of your phone to the back of your modem.
- Hold a connection between your wall outlet and the modem’s power.
- The 12- digit MAC address of your modem needs to be typed in.
- Once your modem is connected to the coax cable in an active outlet and also the connection of the electrical outlet with the power cord, you will be asked to get your
- Once you are done with the connections your modem will get activated with Xfinity service.
- You will now receive your Xfinity Voice Number(s) success message if only you have gone through the successful activation of your Xfinity Voice and Modem Activation.
- If you do not possess any Xfinity Voice then the confirmation will be without a contact number.
- Once the modem gets activated successfully then you can make use of the Xfinity App to run speed tests over the device, view payment details, access Xfinity Assistant for accounts concerns, and even restart your modem.
Important- You will be made contact via a text message by an agent if any issues occur at the time of activation. He will assist you with the procedure further.
- If there will be unavailability of the agent, we will call you for assistance.
Activation Procedure Of Xfinity Self Install Kit
- These steps given below are all about the guidelines you need to follow for activating and installing the services along with the equipment that was given to you along with your purchase of the Xfinity Getting Started Kit.
- To begin with, make yourself comfortable with the equipment which includes your Xfinity Getting Started Kit.
- There will be a short video displayed then which will guide you in the further steps.
- We will take you on the road to activating the process slowly and steadily. You can rely on us and learn various unique and easy ways to activate your Getting Started Ket devices.
After a Move, Installation, and Activation
Are you a recently moved Xfinity subscriber? Did you bring your gear? In this case, you will need to follow the step-by-step guide to restore your equipment and services. After moving, you will learn how to install and activate the service.
Below are other resources to help you use the Xfinity service and manage your account.
- Create a channel lineup.
- Search the web for XfinityTV and XfinityOnDemand.
- Find your account number.
- What to expect when you receive your first invoice.
- Recurring payments need a proper setup.
- Spend a few minutes watching the xfinity.com/selfinstall video Tutorial.
Hola! This is Adam Hose - A Techie - Helping you to Activate TV Codes in 2 Minutes. Researching - Beifing and Providing Step by Step guide here on Daily Buzz. In Queries Shoot a Mail at Adam@the-daily.buzz