HGTV is a popular American pay-TV channel. It is owned by Discovery, inc controls. To activate it one has to visit watch.hgtv.com/activate and then activate his/her HGTV app. It can be streamed on any platform of your liking such as Roku, apple tv, IOS, Android, android tv, amazon fire tv, and Samsung smart tv too. Be sure about the fact that your HGTV app is activated. After you are done with this step, you are free to stream your loved HGTV shows.
- 1 What is HGTV?
- 2 Features Of HGTV Go
- 3 How to install and activate HGTV on Roku?
- 4 How to download and start streaming HGTV on Fire TV?
- 5 How to install and activate HGTV on Apple TV?
- 6 How to activate HGTV on android TV?
- 7 How to activate HGTV on Your Samsung Smart TV?
- 8 How to Watch HGTV without cable?
- 9 How to watch HGTV for free?
- 10 How to watch HGTV on Roku?
- 11 How to watch HGTV on fire tv?
- 12 How to watch HGTV on Apple TV?
- 13 Is there an HGTV subscription?
- 14 Watch.hgtv.com/activate-FAQ’S
What is HGTV?
- It is in itself a home and garden television which can also be said of an American-based television station.
- It mostly gives out content regarding modular kitchens, appliances, and products related to gardens.
- Discovery, Inc. Owns it and it can only be streamed within the USA.
- Adding to its positives it can be streamed on various platforms such as apple tv, amazon fire tv, Samsung smart tv, and also in android tv.
- Also, HGTV can be streamed without any cost on Roku via its store for stations. It means that with the help of the HGTV go app you can stream your favorite shows on HGTV.
Features Of HGTV Go
- Live Hgtv programs on the go.
- Closed captioning can be accessed on both live and on-demand streams.
- There is no such requirement to purchase and pay extra money to watch the streaming library of HGTV Go.
- Availability to access it has no restrictions.Can be accessed anytime you like.
How to install and activate HGTV on Roku?
To stream and be able to enjoy the services of HGTV on your Roku device, follow the directions mentioned below-
- Make sure that the power button on your Roku device is switched on and be sure that it is connected to your wi-fi.
- Click on the “home” button through your Roku remote and visit the Roku home page.
- Surf along with the site and you will find the streaming channel option. Click it.
- After that, you’ll find a search tab, bring the cursor to it and type “HGTV” with the help of the keyboard which will pop up on the screen.
- Now choose the “HGTV” app from the suggested list that pops up.
- You’ll be directed to the HGTV app page automatically.
- Now click “add channel” from the add channel option to install the app.
- The installation will take place and in a few minutes, you are good to go.
- Then click “go to channel” to start HGTV and enjoy its services.
- After the launch process is over, it is mandatory to register yourself with it. (sometimes they might not ask you to do so)
- An activation number will be shown on your screen
To activate the HGTV application follow the directions mentioned below-
- Through any other device such as your computer or your mobile phone visit watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- It will request you to type in your activation code here.
- Then in the proper field where it’s supposed to be, enter your activation number.
- After that, click on the “Activate” option.
- From the list displayed, choose your tv provider and then sign in with your credentials for your TV account provider.
- You are good to go now! You can start streaming your loved shows on HGTV on the Roku device.
How to download and start streaming HGTV on Fire TV?
The following steps will help you get through on how you can enable HGTV on fire TV :
- Go through the Start screen.
- From the menu option below on the screen, select the apps tab and then click it.
- Enter “HGTV” on the “search” icon with the help of computer keyboards displayed on the screen.
- From the search bar icon, type in HGTV app and then click on it.
- After that click on the HGTV app to download and install HGTV on your firestick.
- Once the installation process is done, you are good to launch it.
- An activation code will be transmitted just after which will be visible on the screen. Make sure it is noted down or you can even pause the screen to take a screenshot of it which might help you in case you forget the code.
Note-Then steps mentioned above are about how you can install the HGTV app on your fire tv, But below are the steps on how you can activate HGTV-
- From any other device, enter the URL watch.hgtv.com/activate
- After that type in your activation number in the blank space provided and then click the activate button.
- From the displayed list, select your Tv provider’s name and then fill in your login credentials.
- You’re ready to stream HGTV through your fire tv.
How to install and activate HGTV on Apple TV?
To enable your HGTV on your apple tv, make sure to follow the steps which are mentioned below-
- Visit the app store on your device.
- On the search button type “HGTV”
- On the results page click on the channel HGTV.
- Select it and then start the process of installing it on your device.
- The download will take place on your apple tv in just a few seconds.
- Then you are free to enjoy and make the most out of your HGTV. An activation number will be shown on the screen.
Steps to activate HGTV on your apple tv-
- From any of the devices visit www.watch.hgtv.com/activate
- In the field provided type in your activation number and then click on activate.
- From the list shown on your screen select your Tv provider and then you have to log in to it with your credentials for the account.
- After some seconds you’ll be able to watch HGTV through your apple tv.
How to activate HGTV on android TV?
- Go to the play store on your gadget.
- After that search for HGTV from the search option.
- Click on the HGTV app from the results in the search bar visible on your device.
- After that select “install app”
- Once the app is installed, enter your login credentials and sign up for the app
- In just a few seconds, you’ll receive a code on your device.
- After that visit watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Then in the field provided enter your activation code and then select the activate option.
- Then select your tv provider from the index of tv providers that pops up on your screen.
- Then Log in to it with your tv provider’s credentials which you have for your account.
- You are now all set to stream and enjoy HGTV in HDTV on your android tv.
How to activate HGTV on Your Samsung Smart TV?
- First and foremost turn on your Samsung smart tv.
- From the remote of your TV click on the “home” button.
- Then at the lower right corner of the screen, you will get to see the logo for the app. Click it.
- A search icon will pop up on your screen.
- After this is done select HGTV on the screen.
- You will see the icon of the HGTV application on your screen. Select it and then click on install. The process of installation will take place.
- An activation code can be seen on the screen after a short time.
- Meanwhile from your other devices such as your mobile or your personal computer visit watch.hgtv.com/activate from any browser you use.
- The activation code which you received will be used here. Enter it on the blank field shown on your screen and then select the activate button.
- Now you can stream HGTV on your Samsung smart tv.
How to Watch HGTV without cable?
- To stream HGTV, you don’t necessarily need a cable.
- On your streaming providers like Phil, Hulu+ live tv, Sling Tv, Video, Directv stream, and FuboTV, you can stream shows like House Hunters, home town, flip, or flops as well as other HGTV shows. Too.
- Below from the article, you will get a gist that will help you select and choose the best streaming service for you to stream HGTV which will assist you to utilize these services in the best way possible to stream your loved shows on HGTV on your television, as you would have done with your cable tv.
The Philo-the cheapest way to watch HGTV
- Philo is a streaming service that is home to many channels probably more than 50 channels that provides HGTV as a part of its collection.
- It Is notably the most affordable streaming services to stream HGTV live with a monthly expense of a mere $25.
- It does have a flip side as it does not offers sports channels. If you aren’t a sports enthusiast then it won’t create much of problems for you.
- To satisfy their customers before taking up the service, they even provide the option of a free trial.
- With its subscription to access HGTV online, you won’t miss any show which you love, which may include some good shows such as good bones, house hunters, property brothers, forever home, and many such shows.
- It comes with the cloud DVR service and thus provides HGTV content on-demand,
- It comes with a special feature in which the shows on-demand are even run again on this platform.
- For recording any favorite HGTV show of yours, you can make use of the Philo DVR.
- With its subscription model, you will have access to not only HGTV but also additional popular channels which include AMC, BBC America, BET, Cheddar, CMT, Comedy Central, Discovery, DIY, Food Network, FYI, GSN, Hallmark Channel, Lifetime, MTV, Nick, History, TLC, and many more.
- You can access Philo with fire tv, apple tv, and Roku.
- Via internet browsing, browser apple iPhone and I pad(running ios 9 or newer), android phone or tablet(running 5.0 or later) one can stream Philo on Mac or pc.
HGTV on Hulu
- Hulu is also one of the popular streaming services by which one can stream HGTV and much more most probably even more than 70 other popular channels including neighborhood broadcast channels.
- Hulu which made its name because of its very large streaming library available on-demand has just a few days back added the Hulu live tv service in its library that provides live streaming of HGTV online. It also gives many other features which comprises of the following listed down below.
- 50 hours of cloud-based DVR storage can be accessed through its base package.
- Two screens can be viewed simultaneously that is at the exact same time.
- It comes up with 6 custom profiles that you can customize the way you want.
- It includes the entire Hulu streaming library.
- Once the 30-day trial the Hulu library can be accessed at $5.99 per month in which you have the option to stream plenty of HGTV shows via the streaming library of Hulu.
- Once you are done with the trial period , HULU charges $64.99 per month.
- Hulu can be streamed through Roku, fire tv, apple tv, and most other streaming devices.
- You can also go through the analysis about Hulu for further information related to it or even check the service for your satisfaction with their free one-week trial plan.
HGTV on Vidgo
- Vidgo is a new coming-to-age streaming service which is a more recent streaming service that has very affordable and reliable pricing in comparison to other live streaming services.
- HGTV is available in its core package which also includes more than 60 additional channels.
- If you are new to Vidgo you can join their core plan for $55 per month.
- Vidgo with its policies doesn’t believe in binding customers to a fixed agreement, so it is up to you that you can cancel its subscription at any moment.
- To its new subscription members, it provides special prices which you may cancel if you want but within the first three days without any cost.
- It can be accessed on android, ios, Roku, apple tv, Chromecast, and fire tv.
- You can stream the services across three devices at the same time which is exceptional in its own way.
- You can read all its details within the review of Vidgos live streaming.
HGTV on Fubo TV
- Fubo is a popular streaming service that gives access to many paid tv channels.
- As shown on cable tv, you can stream it in real-time and if you are too busy for that, you can also tape them in their cloud-based DVR.
- Their basic pack includes HGTV alongside many other channels,probably more than 80 additional channels.
Some features of fubo tv are listed below-
- Fubo tv’s channel catalog includes HGTV and other channels.
- It can be viewed on three screens simultaneously that is at the exact same time.
- It comes with 250 hours of cloud-based DVR storage.
- It is accessible on all major platforms which include apple tv, android tv, Roku, and amazon fire tv.
- For more information, you can read the evaluation on fubo tv or even try out fubo tv with their free one-week trial.
HGTV on sling TV
- Sling tv provides HGTV along with the other channels available on it. It comes up with a ‘BLUE’ and ‘ORANGE’ package starting with $35 per month which includes Live HGTV as one of its components.
- You can use its cloud DVR which allows you to record your favorite and loved HGTV shows.
- Sling tv provides HGTV on demand in which you can pause and restart your HGTV live streaming.
- You can also enjoy the benefits of it as you will get additional channels like discovery networks, travel channels, and also food networks as included in its basic package.
- It can be accessed through Roku, amazon fire tv, Chromecast, and much more which refers you can watch HGTV on the go at any moment and any place with tv or tablet, or any other device.
HGTV on Direct tv stream
- Direct tv stream is another platform to stream HGTV.
- It charges $69.99 each month for channels that include HGTV.
- An HGTV direct tv subscription includes a lot of things. Below are the things which come up with its package.
- You can watch 20 streams at once with each subscription,
- A cloud-based DVR.
- IT includes channels such as HGTV and many more in its subscription model.
- It is available on apple tv, android tv, Roku, amazon fire tv, and much more.
- To find out more about this streaming service you can read its review or even test this streaming service by using its online service of it.
HGTV on YouTube TV
- You may be surprised but yes youtube too offers HGTV live streaming along with its unlimited storage space to record your favorite shows in case you are too busy to binge-watch them. Archive of shows can also be accessed at any time you like. Its basic package includes HGTV for $64.99 per month.
- Youtube Tv provides the following features with it:
- It can be viewed on three devices at the same time.
- It comes with unlimited cloud DVR storage.
- You can even access HGTV, ESPN, FS1, local Network channels, and also many other channels ranging upto 70 other additional channels.
- Youtube tv comes in handy on android, ios, apple tv, fire tv, Chromecast, and many more. But its application is not available on Roku,
- However, users of youtube tv can make use of the YouTubes youtube application on Roku devices.
- One-week free trial for new users.
How to watch HGTV for free?
- Almost every other streaming service offers its customers a free trial.
- You can make the most out of it and can even stream HGTV for up to an entire month or even more than that by using various email addresses.
- Let us go deep into this and discuss it in detail at the free trial options which are available to a user.
- Philo offers a one-week free trial to its new customers.
- Hulu+ live tv, Fubo tv, and youtube tv are all these streaming services that provide the benefit to their customers by offering them one week’s free trial.
- There is also no extra cost if you decide to cancel your trial before it expires which makes it even more convenient.
- By playing smart you can avail of this for up to one month and even more of HGTV for free.
- By using multiple email addresses and by creative payment strategy you can enjoy HGTV for longer and at zero cost.
- This will help you examine all the streaming services and will help you determine the best service which suits your taste.
How to watch HGTV on Roku?
- First and foremost you will have to join a streaming service which will include HGTV(Philo, sling tv,hulu+ live tv,fubo tv,vidgo, DirecTV stream, youtube tv, etc)
- From the remote go to the search option on your Roku menu and then press “ok”.
- Then type in your name and also the name of the service provider that you have the subscription for.
- After that choose the streaming option and then click on “ok”.
- Go to the “add channel” option and then click ‘OK’ on your remote.
- The app will be ready to use now on your Roku.
- Open the app and log in to it using your credentials to signup for your subscription.
- In the live TV guide in the app, you will see HGTV as a channel now.
How to watch HGTV on fire tv?
Follow the following steps to stream HGTV on fire tv-
- Firstly sign up to a streaming provider service that offers HGTV(Philo, sling tv, Hulu+ live tv,fubo tv,vidgo, DirecTV stream, youtube tv, and many more)
- In the upper left corner of the screen on your fire tv home screen, you will find a search icon. Click it and type your name and also the title of the service that you have subscribed for.
- Select the streaming service that you are eager to use and then press ‘ok’ on your remote.
- To install the channel click on ‘download’.
- Now on your fire tv, you will see the app running.
- You are good to launch the app now. sign in with your login credentials which you have used for signing up during the subscription.
- You can access HGTV through the live tv guide in the app.
How to watch HGTV on Apple TV?
Follow the guidelines to stream HGTV on your apple tv-
- To stream HGTV first sign up to a streaming provider which offers HGTV which may include Philo, sling tv, Hulu+ live tv,fubo tv,vidgo, DirecTV stream, youtube tv, and more.
- In the upper left corner of the screen, you will see a search icon. Go it and then type in the stream name to which you have subscribed for.
- Select the streaming service and then click on the cloud icon shown on your screen. After that, the service will be added.
- The app will be activated now on your apple tv.
- Launch the app with the same credentials you used while signing up for the subscription.
- You can enjoy the services of HGTV through the live tv guide in the app itself.
Is there an HGTV subscription?
- There is no such direct subscription to HGTV but the subscriber to one of the streaming platforms have been listed below gives access to log in to the HGTV application on any of the devices such as Roku, amazon fire tv, ios android, and many more.
|Streaming Platform||Cost per month|
How to utilize the HGTV app for Roku or other devices?
- To stream it you have to download the HGTV application on your device.
- Then navigate through the app store or the channel store on your device.
- ‘Channel store’ is the name on Roku.
- Add the HGTV application to your phone and then activate it.
- An activation number and URL will be shown on the Roku device.
- Visit watch.hgtv.com/activate using a computer or mobile web.
- Here you will be requested to type in the name of the tv provider you are using along with the password or username.
- Once you are signed in it will refresh the tv screen, and then after a while, you will have access to the full video content available on the HGTV app for its customers.
- Using the same login credentials, you can also stream at HGTV.com.
- The credentials are not just limited to HGTV, you can stream through various apps with the same login credentials within the range of channels.
Is the HGTV app available outside the U.S?
The answer to it is no, you are unable to make use of the app within us and its territories.
Can I use the HGTV app while offline?
No, an internet connection is a must to enjoy the services of HGTV programs and their content.
What if my TV provider is not on the given list?
If the tv provider you use is not mentioned on the given list then you won’t be able to use the HGTV application. The HGTV application can only be activated by users with the tv providers which are mentioned on the list.
How to watch HGTV outside the U.S?
The HGTV app can only be accessed in the US but there’s a way one can use it outside the U.S too. For this you have to use VPN (Virtual Private Network) and then only you will be able to enjoy the services of HGTV in your country.
Hola! This is Adam Hose - A Techie - Helping you to Activate TV Codes in 2 Minutes. Researching - Beifing and Providing Step by Step guide here on Daily Buzz. In Queries Shoot a Mail at Adam@the-daily.buzz
Leave a Reply