The new reality has already shown that in most cases, work in an office can be replaced by work from home. The only things that are needed to organize all the process efficiency are reliable employees and food tools to manage the workflow.
The situation is like with credit card debt settlement – if you organize everything properly, the positive results will follow asap. These resources will help you to organize all the workflow in the most efficient way.
Tools to Communicate
Even if you are used to communicating via email, it is not enough. When you are working from home, you cannot come to the desk of your colleague to check an issue or to have a look at the process.
And if you need to discuss something with several people, email becomes a disaster. Therefore, you need an efficient tool that will allow for communication as if you were in your office with all your colleagues.
You can choose one of the options:
- Slack – one of the most popular collaboration tools with a free plan. It has a chat, video calling function, file sharing, and even can be integrated with some project management tools;
- Chanty – a free plan is available. The tool supports chatting, video calling, file and screen sharing, and many more options;
- Google Hangouts – a free tool for chatting and video calling. File sharing is supported.
Do you have your favorite tool? There are any of them, pick any that you like or your company recommends.
Project Management Tools
Just meeting your team members is not sufficient to organize everything properly. Every employee has responsibilities, and the performance of the team shall be controlled. For that, project management tools are used.
The best among them are:
- Jira – this tool is designed specifically for an agile environment. It is widely used by teams for project planning and tracking in daily, weekly, monthly, etc. basis;
- Trello – this project management tool is perfect for those who look for something more basic. Create a card with tasks, and move it based on the task specifics;
- Redmine – a tool for those who are used to specific descriptions or have to handle multiple tasks.
Time Management Tools
Efficient time management is the basics of every home-based position. They help you to keep track of your tasks and balance free time with tasks. The most used time management tool is undoubtedly Google Calendar.
There, you can not just manage your meetings, projects, etc., but you can check the events planned by your colleagues to avoid such things as scheduling conflicts.
The internet provides everything for efficient project and time management from home. With them, employees can work safely and conveniently from their homes.
They can use the time they normally used for commuting to complete an urgent task or to sleep longer. The companies, in turn, can save huge sums on electricity bills, rent, and similar. Thus, we believe that moving to remote work is an efficient option for both sides.