"The Matrix" Reboot Announcement Causes An Uproar On Twitter

"The Matrix" Reboot Announcement Causes An Uproar On Twitter

COMMENTS

Not All The Reactions Were Bad. Just Most Of Them.


The Matrix came out at the best possible time in 1999. Hollywood was coming off a two year slump of poorly received films and needed a big, new idea to kick start a revolution. Enter The Wachowskis, Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, a lot of guns, even more leather, groundbreaking effects, and a large pinch of philosophy, and you have your blockbuster hit.

Source

Innovative for its time, Warner Bros. had a huge success on its hands and wanted to milk it for its worth. Enter even more guns, even more leather, a suffocating dose of talking, philosophical heads, and you have the sequels, Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions. Needless to say, both were received negatively.

Pictured: What felt like 80% of the sequels. The other 20% was awkward kissing.

Source

Fans seemed content to leave well enough alone and move on with their lives. However, not everyone shared that sentiment.

Source

Check out the next page to see Twitter's reaction!

Have your say