These stunning photos capture brief moments of monumental events as well as seemingly simple incidents that all have the potential to influence the stunning photos of the future.The beginning of this year has been anything but uneventful. With the 2016 United States Presidential Election, continued conflict in the Middle East, unusual weather patterns, and countless occurrences that quietly happen every day, our world has somehow managed to keep on spinning.
1. Wind Turbines in the fog in Denmark
2. Molding young minds - Gianna Ciampa and her campaign paraphernalia
3. Checking fishing net for damage in Vietnam
4. Autumn meet Winter, Winter meet Autumn
5. A celebration in India marking Holi, the Hindu festival of colors
6. Art is alive and well at the famed Louvre in Paris
7. The 5:30 AM train out of Fukushima, Japan
8. Rio's popular Copacabana Beach
9. A preschool field trip to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta
10. Red Sox utility player, Brock Holt, practices
11. The River Thames in London (taken on a cracked iPhone)
12. The Golden Gate Bridge, quite literally...and Alcatraz
13. A mother and her cubs in Alaska's Denali National Park
14. Sunrise at Iceland’s Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
Dawn happens two hours before sunrise, and the sunrise colors usually last almost 90 minutes if there are no clouds.
15. A young boy training for the annual triathlon in Lanzarote, Canary Islands
16. Army service buses burn after an explosion in Ankara, Turkey on February 17
17. A pet Mediterranean house gecko looks for crickets
18. Buddhist monks gather outside of Wat Phra Dhammakaya in Thailand as part of Makha Bucha, which marks the anniversary of Buddha's sermon that established the basic tenets of the Sangha monastic order.
19. Two old time friends in Beirut
20. Water buffalo take a roadside dip during China's rainy season
N/T - National Geographic, Bright Side, The Boston Globe, CNN, Time, Blazepress