Models Tell-All About Their JobsModeling is often scoffed at by ordinary people as an "easy job." People think that getting in front of a camera and posing is easy. But, if you've ever watched any America's Next Top Model, you'd know it's anything but easy. Not only do you have to fit the part, but you also have to play the part. You have to work the camera and present your best energy every single time. You have to keep your body in top shape, eat well, and keep up with all the latest fashion trends. Work is hard to come by so models are always on the run trying to make a living. Here are a few confessions of what it's like working as a model in the fashion industry.
1. Lucky girl!
2. Carry on taking drugs? I don't think that will help your appearance later on.
3. Always comparing yourself to others must take a toll on your psyche.
4. Keep yourself above the fray and don't take anyone's criticisms too seriously.
5. Many people have a love/hate relationship with their job.
6. Think of all the money you'll be making for your family.
7. People always expect models to look like they've walked out of a shoot. That's their problem, not yours.
8. You know it's hard. No need to prove it to anyone else.
9. If you told them, maybe they would think differently.
10. A little aggressive there!
11. This is a horrible fact. How do we begin to address this?
12. When you discriminate against people of different heights, are you a "heightist?"
13. Yikes! I hope you make a swift recovery!
14. It's cliché, but you'll have to learn to love yourself.
15. To be constantly thinking about this sounds painful, not to mention exhausting.
16. Keep going and find that dream job!
17. There are always other jobs out there!
18. Hopefully, you get paid accordingly for those long hours.
19. Fake it until you make it.
20. See a therapist, or talk to a friend? I'm sure you are not alone and it can get better!
21. Be more selective about who you date.