When churches need new seating, they have two options: rent or buy chairs. Both have their advantages, but one may be better than the other for some churches.
Because chairs are an investment, this is not a decision that you want to take lightly. It’s essential to consider each option carefully before making a final decision.
Pros of Renting Church Chairs
When you rent your church chairs, you pay a monthly or weekly fee to use your chairs. You don’t own them, so there may be restrictions on how the chairs are used.
You may also have to pay extra fees for damages. However, there are many advantages to going the rental route.
Renting chairs can be an excellent option for some churches, primarily if they are newly formed or have a tighter budget.
There Are Several Benefits to Renting:
- The upfront costs are lower. You may need to put down a deposit, but this amount is much lower than the cost of purchasing all of your chairs outright.
- It’s easy to upgrade. For example, if you need new chairs or want to upgrade your seating, you can simply choose new chairs.
- Repairs are simple. Because you’re renting, the company will be responsible for making repairs or replacing defective chairs.
- It’s easy to expand. If your congregation grows, it’s less costly to rent more chairs than to buy them.
There are plenty of church chairs to rent, so sanctuaries have many options in every price range. You’re sure to find rental chairs that fit your budget and needs.
While There Are Many Advantages to Renting Church Chairs, There Are Some Cons That Need to Be Considered:
- Fees. Your rental agreement may include hidden fees. It’s important to read through the agreement carefully to make sure you know exactly how much you’ll pay for your seats.
- Interest rates. If you go with a rent-to-own rental company, the interest rate may be exceptionally high. In some cases, the rate is ten or more times higher than a credit card.
- Chairs may be used. When you rent chairs, you may be getting used ones that are near the end of their lifespan. Used chairs aren’t necessarily a bad thing, but if you want to get the most out of your investment, new chairs are the better option.
- Limited options. Chair rental companies have limited options when it comes to sizes, styles and designs. As a result, you may wind up with chairs that don’t really match your congregation or are uncomfortable to sit on.
Pros of Buying Church Chairs
Many sanctuaries prefer to buy church chairs instead of renting them. When you purchase your chairs, you own them, so you can do with them as you please.
They are yours to keep for as long as you can maintain them. They can be stored away or transported as needed.
When You Buy Your Church Chairs:
- There are no additional fees to worry about.
- You don’t have to worry about your rental costs changing.
- There are no restrictions on the use of your chairs.
- Chairs are usually of higher quality.
- Chairs are brand new, so they will likely last longer.
Buying your chairs also means that you have more control over the design, size and style. You may also be able to finance your purchase at a lower interest rate compared to rent-to-own companies.
Of course, you can find customizable chairs, too.
When you buy your chairs, you can consider the future needs of your congregation and buy chairs according to those anticipated needs. Your chairs also become a valuable asset for your sanctuary.
While There Are Plenty of Advantages to Buying Your Church Chairs, There Are Some Drawbacks to Consider:
- The upfront cost will be higher.
- You will be responsible for the cost of repairs and maintenance.
As the owner of the chair, you take on the burden of handling the costs of caring for and maintaining the chair.
Want to know where to buy church chairs? You can buy church chairs online or in person. For example, you can find chairs for church from Comfortek online, where you can browse through their catalog of chairs at your leisure.
Buying online means that you can take your time and really consider all of your options carefully.
The Daily Buzz combines the pursuit of interesting and intriguing facts with the innate human desire to rank and list things. From stereotypical cat pictures to crazy facts about the universe, every thing is designed to help you kill time in the most efficient manner, all while giving you something to either laugh at or think about!