Jewellery is generally the most valuable item that we possess, yet it is the last thing that comes to our mind when we think of packing our stuff for moving.
Though it seems to be a small thing, detangling a simple piece of a necklace may take a lot of hard work and can cause a lot of damage to the precious piece.
No matter if it is expensive jewellery gifted by a loved one or a beautiful piece of costume jewellery, every single piece needs utmost care.
No matter how complicated it is to handle jewellery, there is always a way and some tricks that work and keep your jewellery safe.
So, the following are some tips offered by the best local movers which will help you in packing jewellery without any broken bracelets and detangled necklace:
- Consider using a jewellery roll for wrapping your valuable jewellery as these jewellery rolls have compartments to keep each jewellery piece separately. Jewellery roll is also very easy to carry due to its compact size.
- Jewellery pieces like small earrings, finger rings, and ear studs can be packed in pill cases. You can colour coordinate them by putting the same colour earrings in the same pill case.
- For valuablejewels, try keeping the original jewellerybox safe ad pack the jewellery in the same box. Besides, you must also try and keep valuable jewellery pieces with your during a house relocation. Packing the, with rest of the household is not a much-recommended choice.
- Use thread rolls and cardboard rolls to pack thread-necklaces. All you have to do is to trim the straw to fit the necklace and then wrap the necklace in packing paper for that added protection.
- You can also use cotton pads to pack heavy jewellery and stone studded pieces. Cotton will keep your expensive jewellery safe and will not let it move to get damaged. After wrapping the jewellery piece in a layer of cotton, make sure you wrap it in a packing paper to give additional security.
- Consider using re-sealable kitchen wrap to pack polished jewellery items to save their polished layer. Simply, place the jewellery piece on half of the wrap and fold another half to seal it. This will let it move and help to keep jewellery items at the place.
- Use buttons and foam to hold hook earrings and similar jewellery items. Hang the hook jewellery into buttons or foam and seal the backside with tape to keep from dropping or losing.
- You can pack a particular jewellery set or combo individually in packing paper or zip-top bags and finally, you can put these packs in a safe jewellery box.
There are many causes for someone to pack their jewellery, they may pack it for traveling, while moving their house, and/or just sorting it and keeping it organized.
There are certain tricks that can be used to pack your jewellery differently for different purposes.
Packing Jewellery for a Move
Packing jewellery for a move is not very complicated as you don’t have to sort it, and simply pack what all you have.
It becomes even easier if you have jewellery stored in a box or armoire and all you have to do is, wrap packing paper around the jewellery box and if the box has any drawers then secure them with stretch wrap and paper padding.
And, if your jewellery is not kept properly and jewellery items are hung up and kept at different places then, follow the steps given above to pack your valuables.
Packing Jewellery for Travel
Packing jewellery for traveling is different as organization and protection are the main motives. Though you can pack jewellery the same way as above, keep some tips in mind to keep your jewellery safe.
Don’t pack your valuable and expensive jewellery in your luggage; keep it with you in your handbag. If you are not traveling for a special occasion then consider wearing a single piece of jewellery during the whole travel.
If you have to take multiple jewellery pieces along with you then along with all of the above tips, use some more like consider using a carabiner loop to pack rings and/or bracelets to keep them organized.
No matter what you are planning to pack your jewellery for, make sure you handle it with the utmost care and keep it safe.
Jewellery is a valuable asset, especially when it is made of a pricey metal. These packing tips are tested and tried by expert movers so you can use them without any second thoughts.
Following the tips will help you ensure the safety of your jewel pieces throughout the moving process.
The Daily Buzz combines the pursuit of interesting and intriguing facts with the innate human desire to rank and list things. From stereotypical cat pictures to crazy facts about the universe, every thing is designed to help you kill time in the most efficient manner, all while giving you something to either laugh at or think about!