Here is some publicly available information about Eddie Murphy’s recent career:
- Eddie Murphy is an acclaimed American actor, comedian, producer, and singer who rose to fame on Saturday Night Live in the early 1980s.
- He has starred in many popular films over the past 40 years including Beverly Hills Cop, Coming to America, The Nutty Professor, Shrek, and Dolemite Is My Name.
- His last major film role was in 2019’s Dolemite Is My Name, for which he received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor. This demonstrates he is still actively acting recently.
- In 2021, Murphy was inducted into the NAACP Image Awards Hall of Fame, suggesting he is still an active and acclaimed figure in the entertainment industry.
- There have not been any major public announcements from Murphy himself declaring his retirement from acting or comedy.
So while he seems to have slowed down his acting roles in the last few years compared to his peak in the 80s and 90s, there is no definitive evidence that Eddie Murphy has fully retired.
He continues to take on select new projects demonstrating he still has an active career, even if not at the same prolific rate as the height of his fame.
Unless Murphy himself makes any retirement statements, it appears he is still considered an active, albeit selective, actor and comedian.
The Daily Buzz combines the pursuit of interesting and intriguing facts with the innate human desire to rank and list things. From stereotypical cat pictures to crazy facts about the universe, every thing is designed to help you kill time in the most efficient manner, all while giving you something to either laugh at or think about!