Cancer treatment in Germany is known for its high level of quality and success rates. This is due to the long and painstaking training of oncology treatment specialists, the excellent equipment of medical institutions, active scientific research, and a comprehensive approach. German oncology centers are constantly adopting new methods of tumor treatment, offering patients the best of the existing options.
Surgical Cancer Treatment in Germany
Surgeons strive to make cancer therapy as effective and sparing as possible. In most cases, German specialists are able to replace traumatic open surgeries with less invasive ones:
- Da Vinci surgery. This is a method of minimally invasive surgery in which the instruments are controlled by a computer program. The method is widely used to remove prostate, kidney, and stomach tumors.
- VATS (video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery) for lung cancer. VATS involves the use of a camera and instruments inserted through small incisions in the chest. This minimizes damage to surrounding tissues and reduces recovery time.
- Navigation surgery. The method allows the tumor to be precisely located, minimizing damage to surrounding tissues.
- Various types of ablation (radiofrequency, laser, cryo, and others). The method uses thermal or chemical energy to treat cancer.
New Types of Radiation Therapy in Germany
Oncology centers in Germany apply:
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), allows for more precise radiation dosing and reduces the risk of damage to surrounding tissues.
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), allows for real-time dose control and greater precision and effectiveness of treatment.
- Proton therapy reduces the risk of damage to healthy tissue. This is important for tumors in sensitive areas such as the brain, eye, and spinal cord.
Cancer Drug Treatment in Germany
In addition to the standard chemotherapy, which is still effective in certain cases, clinics in Germany offer:
- Targeted therapy is aimed at destroying cancer cells without damaging healthy tissue. This method is used for tumors of the lung, breast, kidney, and others.
- Immunotherapy involves using the patient’s immune cells to fight oncology. In particular, these are anti-cancer vaccines with dendritic cells. In Germany, immunotherapy is used for tumors of the bladder, head and neck, melanoma, and other cancers.
- CAR T-cell therapy uses immune cells altered in the laboratory to fight cancer.
Treatment of International Patients
If you are planning cancer treatment in Germany, start by visiting the Booking Health website. Booking Health is a certified international medical tourism operator that has been helping cancer patients get diagnostics, treatment, and rehabilitation in the best hospitals in Germany for over 15 years.
Specialists will help you choose a hospital in Germany, doctor, and treatment method, organize a quick appointment, take care of visa and flight arrangements, and control treatment costs. An interpreter will accompany you into the clinic and a personal coordinator will be in constant contact by messenger. To check prices and start planning your trip, leave a request on the Booking Health website.
The Daily Buzz combines the pursuit of interesting and intriguing facts with the innate human desire to rank and list things. From stereotypical cat pictures to crazy facts about the universe, every thing is designed to help you kill time in the most efficient manner, all while giving you something to either laugh at or think about!