Almost everyone has a pretty busy schedule throughout the week. It makes many people reluctant to step out of the house to go to a Church when they get some leisure time. According to a study, regular church attendees dropped from 42% in 2008 to 37% in 2017.
Even if they wish to attend, they simply don’t have the time or energy to do so. Currently, due to the pandemic, a large number of people are avoiding stepping out of their homes unless necessary which has also restricted church-visits.
It is necessary for Churches to make use of technological advancements and engage in online activities like live-streaming in order to ensure that the devotees don’t miss out on sermons even if they can’t physically be present in the Church.
Live Church Streaming is beneficial for everyone
Many people, who are unable to attend the Church physically due to some illness or any other reason, can easily be a part of the service by joining the live stream.
Also, by streaming the activities of the Church online, you will be able to reach out to a much larger audience than you currently do. Take the example of PlanetShakers online church. They stream their service live and have managed to become quite popular globally because of it.
Most Churches are skeptical of engaging in live streaming simply because they believe that it is a complex exercise. However, it is quite the opposite. Live streaming is quite easy. All you need to do is go through this guide and you will be able to make dozens of people a part of Church proceedings while they are in their homes.
Guide for Successful Live Church Streaming:
- Camera: A camera is essential for live streaming. The type of camera you use will depend on the size of your Church, its audience, and your budget. Phone and laptop cameras are quite impressive these days. You can make use of these if you have a low budget or a smaller Church. Otherwise, you can invest in a professional camcorder.
- Placement: Placing the camera at a good angle will provide the audience with a better experience and make them feel more involved in the proceedings. Placing the camera in one of the seating spots, a few feet away from the speaker should do the trick.
- Lighting: Proper lighting will ensure that the audience can see everything clearly. If your Church’s area is big, you should place some more lights to enhance the lighting. Or else, you can place some candles and make use of the sunlight.
- Live Streaming Service: Every Church will have a different service fit for them depending on their audience and budget. For most Churches, live streaming services of popular social media apps like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram should suffice. These services are free and attract a huge audience. Make sure to use a platform that is easily accessible to a majority of the people who attend your Church.
- Spread the word: Once you are done with all the other steps, you need to inform people about the live stream. Spreading the word via social media is the most effective way to do so. You can create a page for your Church on social media platforms and post updates regarding the live streams. You can reach out by asking some of your regular attendees to share your profiles with people they know. Check out of some of the best church marketing strategies here.
- Keep the online audience involved: It might be the case that several people who deliver sermons won’t be accustomed to live-streaming and might, therefore, simply go on about the service as they normally do. This might alienate the online audience a little. It is important to keep in mind that the dozens of people watching the live stream are as much a part of the Church as those in physical attendance. From time to time, look directly into the camera while addressing. Also, make references to the online audience. This will make them feel more welcome and involved.
Live Church streaming can be an extremely successful activity if you know the right tips and tricks. With this guide handy, you will surely be able to invite more people in your own Church proceedings and give them an experience which is as good as a physical visit.
The Daily Buzz combines the pursuit of interesting and intriguing facts with the innate human desire to rank and list things. From stereotypical cat pictures to crazy facts about the universe, every thing is designed to help you kill time in the most efficient manner, all while giving you something to either laugh at or think about!
Leave a Reply