Trump's star got owned by a sledgehammer.Believe it or not, the 2016 presidential election is almost over. It's been a long election season. People calling Ted Cruz the Zodiac Killer was just the tip of the iceberg. Since then, we've seen tiny hands, bad hombres, and nasty women galore. You would think after all of this craziness, the last two weeks would be predictable. Think again! Just when things were calming down, someone took a sledgehammer to Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Early Wednesday morning, Jamie Otis disguised himself as a construction worker. He grabbed a sledgehammer and a pickaxe and made his way to the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Trump received the star in 2007 for his work on NBC's The Apprentice. Otis told Deadline that his original plan was to remove Trump's star completely. He wanted to take the star to New York City and auction it off to raise money for the women accusing Trump of sexual assault.
Trump said that after the election, he is going to sue the eleven women for wrongfully accusing him. Even though the removal failed, Twitter is still having a good laugh.
This is not the first time Trump's star has been vandalized. Since Trump announced his candidacy in 2015, his Hollywood star has featured a backward swastika, a mute sign, and a miniature barbed wire fence along the perimeter.
Despite many petitions, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce refuses to remove Trump's star on the Walk of Fame. At least for now. I bet many people are not too upset about Otis destroying Trump's star. Trump has insulted almost every social group in America at some point in the past year. But, it's important to remember not all problems can be solved with a sledgehammer.
The correct solution? Get out and vote on November 8! H/T: Deadline, New York Times