Sarah Anderson. I wish I could shake her hand. This young artist based out of Brooklyn, NY is doing her bad-ass artistic thang with her comic illustrations entitled Sarah's Scribbles. It's a wonderfully funny webcomic that dishes out the truth and... let's just say that many people around the world feel quite PASSIONATE about it.
1. Many of Sarah's comics are quite specific to women's daily life and strife. Many, however, are universal:
2. While the "High Place Reacher" is particularly applicable for me on a very regular basis, I say this as I actually wear my fella's favorite pajama pants, recently watched my sister make her husband open something for her, heard a girlfriend on the phone telling her boo to kill a spider she had seen and left for him to kill... and who doesn't like body heat?
3. Some solid commentary on the navel-gazing proclivities of social media-- we all need to hear it.
4. Sorry fellas! Sometimes the truth hurts.
5. Ah, actions vs. words. The constant dichotomy that is particularly rampant for me in the minefield of salty deliciousness.
6. Recently while combating a bit of insomnia, I had the *brilliant* idea of beginning Stephen King's epic novel, The Stand. I'm not sure what compelled me to think that an epidemic killing off the majority of mankind was going to lull me to sleep but basically... this was the result:
7. I envision a third illustration in the "Bad Relationship" strip where she replies with "Oh yeah? That's what I think when I see your stubbly FACE! Deuces."
8. Brings a whole new meaning to "I woke up like this..."
9. My suburban self of yore completely relates to this-- down to the glassy-eyed pyro face.
10. Sarah has an awesomely funny portrayal here, but it's a saaaaad truth... #socialcommentary #thankyousarah
11. This is me to a T only if you add the absurdly large pile of reject outfits strewn about the room. Also, I love the UFO.
12. While this is totally funny and relatable to me, my favorite part is actually the little pet rabbit sitting adorably in audience on the tiny stool outside her dressing room. Adorbs.
13. I have been known to hug a great book upon completion but then there are times when this is in order:
14. It doesn't matter how comfortable an outfit may be. I ALWAYS want to be in my pajamas. Arriving at home is an immediate pant-removal-into-pajama-pant race. A race that I win.
15. Shakespeare was totally off. It's not just a winter of our discontent, it's all dang four seasons.
16. The adorable pet rabbit is apparently a boy.
17. We all know this scenario, down to that deep breath of disdain that is inhaled and expended utterly transformed into feigned enthusiasm.
18. Who ever thinks that they're going to convince someone to have kids by saying that children are "little miracles"? I love kids, but they are mistaken in more ways than one. Also, mad props to the happy old lady with her giant bowl of ice cream in bed. Perfection.
19. The ovaries drinking coffee slays me.
20. If there's anyone around who can dish out a serving of "Know Thyself" it's Sarah Anderson. She has biweekly updates that I hope she continues forever at Sarah's Scribbles.